Instructions for installing the SecureMag Encrypted Magstripe Reader (1564KB - both 32 and 64 bit)
1. Locate the driver for the secure mag reader on the sportsman website. It’s just above the documentation for it. (this document) It is called “SecureMag Encrypted Magstripe Reader (1564KB - both 32 and 64 bit)” and is the first item under driver downloads on the page.
2. Once you have installed the driver, you will be prompted to restart your computer.
3. When your computer comes back up, plug in the Secure Mag reader to any available USB port.
4. Open SportsMan Sql and go to File > Workstation Configuration.
5. Click the Point of Sale Tab.
6. In the lower right portion of the screen, click the drop down box and select the option “mag reader IDTECH IDRE-335133BE”
7. Next, click the “configure device & station button”
8. Click the “test Mag Stripe” button.
9. Swipe a credit card through the reader. It should read it and block out some of the numbers for security purposes. If it reads it successfully, simply click OK, then OK to save the configuration. If you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us any time at (801) 572-3570 and press the option for support.